golden sands

English/मराठी लेखन, अमेरिकेतील जीवन, कविता, प्रवासवर्णन, स्फुट.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

I write for myself.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

SYMBOLIC ORDER SIMPLIFIED

Every word has a life of its own.
It resists being chained to a sentence
And every word is a poem
A seed, a soil, a water and a root
Waiting to burgeon.

"They must be fighting for survival then"
I think- even as they continue to fight and I continue to "think".

"Think" am a mighty word.
Think thinks every word originates from him-
Even as I "think" that "think" grew inside my head

And so my "head" thinks it was the first one
So that "think" argues that "head",
would make no sense without "it".

"It" "And" "All" "etc." form a battalion of their "own"
Claiming a right to all possibilities
which "they" seem to open up.

"Open", Yes! That's one person
who can exactly describe
What's going on "here" right now.

"It" "is" the "opening" of a "world"
called "language"
Inside my "head"
Inside language.


Prajakta. 22nd May 2005.
NOTE: "THE SYMBOLIC ORDER" is the order of language, claim the cultural theorists of language and psychology that I have studied. We are born "into" language so that LANGUAGE IS THOUGHT. Also, the key idea is that we have no control over language because we can never see outside it's matrix. i.e. we cannot think beyond the language we speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home